Read what clients and industry insiders are saying about Joseph & Curtis Custom Wine Cellars.
- 3 Up - 0 DownDiamond ZJoseph and Curtis turned our unfinished space into our dream wine cellar with tasting room! It was such a pleasure working with each member on the team. Michael was our project manager and was FANTASTIC at coordinating all the moving pieces! We are truly blown away by how wonderful our space transformed to exceed our expectations for having a wine cellar in our home.Project Date:December 2017
- 1 Up - 0 DownevelynmonteiroAbsolutely stellar, world class team. J&C brought great ideas, were patient through the design process, and delivered a breathtaking final product that is the cornerstone of our downstairs living area.Project Date:December 2017
- 2 Up - 0 DownIra MendelsohnJoseph & Curtis did an outstanding job of designing and installing a 375 bottle temperature controlled wine cabinet in our den in NYC.
The cabinet was completed on time on November 1 well within the price range quoted to me.
I recommend Joseph & Curtis to both collectors like me, and to restaurants, wine bars or any company with the need to properly store wine.Project Date:October 2017
- 2 Up - 0 DownBill HanlonWe hired Joseph and Curtis to build custom wine racks and a custom door for our wine closet and dry bar project. They were very easy to work with, very responsive and excellent craftsmen. The final project exceeded our expectations. We highly recommend them.Project Date:August 2017
- 2 Up - 0 DownDanielle AlbertJoseph and Curtis provided excellent service from start to finish. I had the pleasure of dealing directly with Joe, and it was a great experience from design to installation and service calls as well. As an architect, I will highly recommend his services to my colleagues and clients without reservation.Project Date:August 2017
- 2 Up - 0 DownSuzanne BrownBar none, Joseph and Curtis were the best contractors I have ever hired. Incredible attention to detail, great suggestions and an incredible wine room. They are personally on the job and their workers are fast, friendly and tidy. I simply can't say enough about their professionalism. And did I mention they finished the wine room within six weeks? If you are looking to put in a wine room, hire Joseph and Curtis.Project Date:June 2017
- 3 Up - 0 DownD Anderson, CTWe hired JOSEPH and CURTIS to design and construct the conversion of an old barn/garage into a state-of-the-art, 7,000 bottle wine cellar. It was a challenge to completely control the environment to make it wine-friendly... we have 14 ft ceilings and about 1,500 square feet, half below grade and half above. Curt was a problem solver and made the unique space work. He was creative, responsive and worked well with us and the other trades. He understood our desire to combine a large capacity with the look and feel of a chateau cellar. Their design is gorgeous and seamlessly integrates the clean and modern lines of the walnut racking and hand-crafted ladders, which slide on iron rods to make use of the height, with our existing antique chestnut beams and stone. They made several site visits to make sure every detail was addressed and their installation crew is top-notch. Curt and his team deliver beautiful work and we highly recommend!!Project Date:May 2016
- 3 Up - 0 DownJ HolandaI finally got to spend some quality time last weekend going through the house and cellar and just wanted you to know how happy I am with the completed project. Seeing it in person it truly exceeded my expectations! The design, quality, colors and layout are simply perfect for that room and the lower level in general. Always feel free to use us as a reference and know the house is open anytime in the future to bring prospective clients through if you need. Hopefully you and your team can spare some time in the not to distant future and share a bottle or 2 down in the cellar after work! All the best! Sincerely, Jim (and Mandy, she absolutely loves it too!)Project Date:December 2015
- 8 Up - 0 DownItalian Wine MerchantsI cannot say enough positive things about these guys. For more than seven years Italian Wine Merchants (IWM) has worked closely with Joseph and Curtis referring aspiring enthusiasts to some of the most established collectors in the country. As one of the top merchants and advisors in the fine and collectible wine market, our reputation is on the line when we make recommendation, so when we send someone into our client's home, their private space with something as personal as a wine cellar, the key words we need to hear back are trust, comfort, creativity, and professionalism – that is what they deliver. There is the design aspect of what that these guys do – and they have done everything from a simple and simple modern 500 bottle wine cellar to an ornate and detailed traditional 5,000 bottle cellar for IWM clients, but more importantly it is the service and care they provide. The cellar is not just about aesthetics but functionality and maintaining the integrity of the wine - they stress this and understand it. Too often there is neglect in this area, but with hundreds of cellars behind them they do not miss the details. What is truly amazing is how many repeat customer they have and how they continue and maintain their relationships and friendships with their long list of happy cellar owners.
- 5 Up - 0 Downlevike2Joseph and Curtis installed a wine cellar in our new home and we're thrilled with the results - they incorporated our wish list into an overall design that worked well, was within our budget, and turned out beautifully. The racks themselves are custom and really well made. Their workers were extremely professional and there was excellent communication throughout the project.Project Date:July 2014
- 6 Up - 0 DowncoopnjI could not be more impressed with the custom wine cellar that Joseph and Curtis built for my home. I found them via an internet search and they were the first hit that came up...and after I watched a few videos on their website and saw their work I knew they were the company for me. I sent an email inquiry and had a call back from them within 10 minutes, they visited my home within two days and the next thing you know they started work on the project! I had a design in mind and they made suggested alterations along the way to maximize the cellar space as well as to enhance the design. The company was easy to deal with on negotiations and unlike 99% of all contractors, they delivered prior to my deadline. Despite some challenges along the way they never asked for a nickel more than the agreed amount and they've been very responsive to my follow-up phone calls. People often say when dealing with a contractor that "in the end the results were worth it." Well, in this situation the entire process was smooth, delivered on time and we could not be more pleased with our beautiful wine cellar!Project Date:June 2014
- 7 Up - 1 DownJohn Leitch Basking Ridge,NJWe hired Joseph and Curtis to design and build a full wine cellar in our basement this past Spring (2014). Curtis and his team were true professionals in every sense of the word. From the design process all the way through completion of the cellar, Curt's communication and ability to meet deadlines was outstanding. Curt made several design suggestions that turned out to really define the way our cellar took shape. These guys took care of everything, we could not be happier with the job they did in building our cellar. We would recommend they without any reservations to anybody considering using them for their cellars.Project Date:May 2014
- 6 Up - 1 Downcc1764We can't say enough about how happy we are with our Joseph & Curtis Cellar! From the first meeting with Curt, he and his team took our thoughts about what we wanted and combined it with their expertise to create the perfect cellar for us. They made it happen on time and on budget with a sharp attention to detail. They did a great job combining stonework and wrought iron with their custom racks and tied it all together with the floor and lighting that their team picked out. Without their knowledge and experience, we would've never thought of a lot of the design features we ended up with. They were honest, upfront and delivered what they promised. Each member of their team was a pleasure to deal with and have working in our home. We would highly recommend Joseph & Curtis to anyone looking to built a unique, functional & beautiful wine cellar in their home!Project Date:April 2014
- 6 Up - 0 DownCreative Designs by SofiaJoseph and Curtis were referred to me thru an architectural firm. I am a designer and I had never built a full wine cabinet in a NYC apartment. So this was a first for me and hopefully many more will follow. My experience with Joseph and Curtis was an exceptionally pleasant experience. They built a beautiful double sided glass unit that not only holds over 450 bottles of wine but can house hundreds of cigars in the humidor cabinet which was built adjacent to the unit. They listened to all my clients needs and they delivered a beautiful finished product. A must have in all my design projects that have a love for the fine wines.Project Date:February 2014
- 6 Up - 0 DowndflkelJoseph & Curtis just complete my wine cellar project at my weekend home in upstate NY. They did a fantastic job! They designed the cellar with my input and did the full job from demo to finish work. Joe was very good to work with and was priced very competitively given their high end work. They also completed the project on a very rushed time frame and actually finished early despite a few delays on MY part. I would very highly recommend J&C to any homeowner looking to add a high quality wine cellar to their home!Project Date:November 2013
- 6 Up - 0 DownDan BinderJoseph and Curtis recently designed and built racks for my wine cellar. One could not ask for a better level of advice, skill and service. The suggestions were dead on, the quality of work was excellent and the project was completed quickly and ahead of schedule. I would highly recommend them to friends, family and anyone considering a wine cellar project.Project Date:November 2013